Ferrante Gonzaga, a mercenary captain for Charles V, bought GUASTALLA in 1549 and re-founded it as the ideal city, characterized by a central crossroads that ended spectacularly with the facade of a church.

This valuable Gonzaga town, enriched with a ducal palace (rebuilt over the centuries), and boasting an extraordinary bronze sculpture by Leone Leoni, a sixteenth-century cathedral and the region’s typical porticoes overlooking cobbled streets, retains the charm and appeal of a small capital built on the great river.

It offers high quality services, a theatre and shops in the town centre.

Guastalla